Sunday, December 28, 2008

He Renews Me

I climb into His lap,
Between the hems of His robe,
Enfolded in His arms of grace.

I curl tightly,
Holding my knees to my chest,
As a child afraid of the dark.

It is a safe haven,
Where love does abound,
To renew a broken spirit.

Please stop the vicious cycle,
Where hurt is followed by anger,
And anger chases pain.

You created her,
You created him,
Which in turn created me.

He wipes my tears,
I feel His breath,
Upon the crown of my head.

Is it wrong my friend,
For my desire to be home,
Where joy abounds forevermore.

He whispers sweetly,
Let my strength be yours,
For the story is not finished.

3 comments:

Chris said...

"Where hurt is followed by anger, And anger chases pain.

Very beautiful!

From the Heart said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I only knew one of my grandfathers.
AliceE.

Van said...

Powerful poem.